ASIAN TENDER Blog
Your Step-by-Step guide for GeM Registration Process
The procedure for GeM registration has changed quite significantly in the last few years. Such the change that even is the more profound and known individuals would need a crash course to be up to speed. In simpler terms, GeM registration has become quite straightforward and simple that anyone can follow some simple steps and get themselves registered with the GeM or Government E marketplace.
But before going onto the step-by-step guide for registering yourself and your business on the procurement portal, you first need to be aware of the key documents that you need in your possession while registering with the GeM portal.
Required documents for GeM government e marketplace registration
- PAN Card as the proof of individuals identity and address authentication
- Company Registration, LLP-associated documents, or Udyog Aadhar
- GST details
- A canceled cheque
- Separate address proof and identity proof
- Bank account details and documents verifying the same
- Trademark certification
- Documents indicating the services and products that are offered by the organization in question
- Address proof of the head of the company
- Mobile number Linked with you Aadhar Card
- MSME documentation
- NSIC Papers
- Income Tax Returns
- DoE order compliance
- Choose us to get all sorts of Daily Email alert to stay completely updated
- We are having excellent experts in the context of making you aware of the empanelment process
The documents mentioned above are essential for the GeM portal registration process. It would be best if the applicant had all these documents, and original copies of the same, at the time of the registration. Tampered with and false documents would result in the applicant being expunged from the procedure, and naturally, it is something no one wants to happen.
Now without further ado, step by step guide for the GeM registration process.
Step 1: Go to the official website for GeM seller registration.
To visit GeM officeial website you can search on google or click Here and you will redirect to GeM portal
Naturally, the first step you need to take after gathering all the necessary documentation, as mentioned earlier for the procedure, is to visit the GeM gov in site. You would be required to click on the seller tab and then on the sign-up to begin your process at the site. Once you have cleared them, you will be shown the terms and conditions of the site, which you are advised to go through before clicking on the accept option. The next step for the GeM portal tender sign-up is filling out the form.
Step 2: Fill the form with the correct information
Once you have clicked on the terms and conditions, you will be directed to the GeM registration form that you need to fill up with accurate information. Here are some details that would be required to fill up in the form.
- Name of the organization that is applying for the GeM portal login
- Next, you would have to decide the type of registration and need to fill out some basic information such as name, PAN Card number, Date of Birth, Registered and correspondence address, and other related things.
- The mobile number is next. It would be best if you choose a number that is registered with your Aadhar number, as it would make the whole process significantly easier and straightforward. You would have to verify the number by entering the OTP that you will receive at the same number. Once you have done it, it will authenticate the number and link it with your account. This will be helpful in the GeM portal login as well
- The next step is to verify the email address that you want to link to your GeM account and, more specifically, for your GeM login. You would need to authenticate it in the same method as your phone number. After then, choose the desired username and password, and then simply click on the create account option, and voila, your GeM account registration is complete
Step 3: Verify the information
After you have created an account, the next step would be to get access to features like GeM Bid, GeM tender, GeM direct purchase, and even GeM L1 process (many of them are limited to government officials). This could only be done after you have verified all the information that is required for the competition of the registration process. And while some of these features might vary depending on the type of account and person/ organization creating a login at GeM, the documentation remains the same. Just go through the above-motioned list to know what you would require. Once you have all that, then you can freely list products and services on the dashboard.